Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Corsair K70 Mechanical Cherry MX Gaming Keyboard Review

Corsair's K60 was a fantastic keyboard, so when I heard they are making a full mechanical version called the k70 I was stoked.  2 months ago I was lucky enough to get my hands on the black anodized aluminum model with cherry switches. Ill separate this review into 3 sections: Appearance, Features and My Experiences using it.
Appearance

The keyboard has red led keys on a anodized black aluminum body.  The keyboard has very little flex, feeling solid with the right about of weight where it stays planted on your desk.  Rubber feet help keep the keyboard and included palm rest firmly in place. The keyboard also comes in a gunmetal aluminum color with blue led keys.  The palm rest has an almost soft touch feel, but if you don't like it you can detach it.

Features
The keyboard has some nice features. The first I'll talk about is the different brightness levels for the led's. They can be completely turned off or have 3 different brightness levels for the led's.  A button switches between all the key on and selected keys turned on. This allows you to chose which keys are turned on especially useful with fps' where WASD are the only keys you need. A button at the top of the keyboard disables the windows key allowing for uninterrupted gaming. In the upper right of the keyboard you will find usual media keys and a volume roller.
Another great feature is the USB pass through.  A USB input at the top of the keyboard is connected to a usb cord that plugs into your computer. I used it for charging my phone as I could have it right near my keyboard

My Experiences
Gaming on this keyboard is a complete joy.  The cherry mx switches are extremely responsive providing nice tactile feedback.  You wont want to go back to your laptop keyboard after using this one. Productivity wise the keyboard is also very good. The keyboard definitely increased my typing speed. I would recommend this keyboard to anyone, Im glad I bought it.
Pricing is $129.99
You can get it here


1 comment:

  1. Looking for Advanced Ducky Shine 7 Mechanical Keyboard in Uae, Gunmetal RGB Backlit Mechanical Keyboard in Uae, USB Mechanical Keyboard in Uae
    https://pcdubai.com/product/ducky-shine-7-gunmetal-rgb-backlit-usb-mechanical-keyboard-with-cherry-mx-speed-silver-switches-dark-grey-dksh1808st-puspdaht1/

    ReplyDelete